What You’ll Do:
- Develop the vision and set the strategic direction for sales
- Align sales strategy with customer needs, business objectives, and corporate strategy
- Plan and execute sales strategy in line with company mission
- Develop sales plans and oversee the execution
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Operations, and Growth teams.
- Pursue a deep understanding of user and customer needs through research and data analysis.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure success
- Make objective, data-driven decisions. Define and track the metrics related to sales performance such as; Revenue and profits, user activity, engagement, and retention.
- Lead customer-centric thinking and craft programs to address and retain target market
- Develop and oversee implementation of sales budget
- Deliver exceptional sales performance
2. Brand Building & Partnerships:
- Be the Company’s No 1 Ambassador
- Deliver strategic partnerships
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to sales
- Negotiate and deliver sales targets in line with corporate guidelines and policies
3. Performance Management:
- Measure and track key performance metrics
- Conduct competitive research and analyze their product, marketing and distribution strategies
- Oversee implementation of sales automation, sales analytics, and high-performance sales tools
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends that are relevant to the company mission
- Oversee implementation of surveys, opinion polls, data collection, and questionnaires to gain deep insight into consumer trends
4. Leadership & Team Building:
- Build a strong team and delegate effectively
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 7 years experience, with at least 3-5 years in a strategic sales role
- Experience in global/international contexts
- Understanding of marketing, sales, product development and finance
- Global leader and thinker with the ability to make quick strategic decisions
- Ability to carry out market research
- Experience in mobility/renewable energy/telco/fintech/eCommerce is preferred
- Highly energetic, self-motivated & proactive
Want to Join Us? Here’s Why You Should:
We encourage diversity and are open to meeting just about anyone with the right passion and skillset regardless of looks, gender, sexual orientation, colour, tribe, nationality, and disability.
The Work Environment:
- Drive: We are building a team where everyone is a leader and therefore run on internal motivation
- Empathy: We have a clear understanding of the problem we are trying to solve and its impact on Africans, we are committed to providing a lasting solution.
- Humility: We are committed to continuous learning and improvement. We learn, unlearn and relearn
- Initiative: We welcome novel ideas and encourage creativity
- Diligence: We take great pride in our work.
- Candour: We value open and honest communication
- Collaboration: We are a team of passionate, innovative optimists, solving challenging problems and creating an impact.
- Bias for Technology: We automate everything
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay & benefits (plus stock options)
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Flexible work and hybrid working model
- Consistent Learning and Development
Location and Travel:
- The candidate would be based in Nigeria
- The role would require 20% to 30% travel