- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Prepare Weekly budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
- Maintain pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing departmental sales records
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors.
- Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
- Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control
- Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales
- Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met
- Respond to customer complaints and comments
- Organize special promotions, displays, and events
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives, and other pertinent issues
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers to identify or resolve urgent issues
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitor what local competitors are doing
- Initiate changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market
- Promote the organization locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers, and the community in general
Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in any Field
Experience: 1 to 3 years at Supervisory Level in the similar industry
Salary Range: NGN100,000
Candidates Must be ready to relocate in the future.
This job role is open preferably to Female Candidates, but male candidates can apply also.