Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of improved cookstoves (ICS) and packaging meet the agreed standards
- Ensure serial numbers are correctly placed on the cookstoves and cartons, without fail
- Ensure the same serial number on the stove is on the ICS carton as well
- Report any variations and/or compromises in quality
- Identify opportunities for quality improvements in manufacturing and operations
- Ensure PARTER and END-USER Warranty Cards are completed correctly and promptly obtained for all sales and scanned, filed and uploaded to Dropbox; this will require proactive guidance and follow up with multiple sales channels (sales agents, retailers and distributors) and is a critical performance indicator for this position
- Ensure the right Warranty Cards are used for every transaction: PARTNER Warranty Cards to resellers and END-USER Warranty Cards to End-Users
- Call an agreed number of customers weekly to validate information on Warranty Cards, and collect information on the sale process and product usage
- Educate sales channels on the importance of completing the Warranty Cards, providing product knowledge as necessary
- Solicit feedback from sales channels (sales agents, retailers, distributors) to address concerns and continuously improve efficiency in administrative compliance
- Prepare customers for carbon-related audit calls in close coordination with the Impact Carbon Nigeria Country Director
- Maintain data on all cookstoves manufactured, date, size, serial # assigned, etc.
- Collect and manage key information on all sales
- Maintain up-to-date information for all sales partners (sales agents, retailers, distributors)
- Maintain an end-user database using information from Warranty Cards including end-user name, telephone number, address, serial numbers of stoves purchased, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and use new software as the project evolves, likely to include mobile data platforms such as ODK or TaroWorks (training will be provided)
Business Development Support
- Observe the cookstove marketplace, including competitors, via frequent field visits
- Inspect and assess the quality of work by sales agents, retailers, and distributors
- Gather market intelligence and identify opportunities for improvement, increased sales, and increased customer satisfaction
- Monitor compliance by wholesalers and retailers on the use of Warranty Cards
- Provide product and other business improvement suggestions based on field visits
- Complete weekly business reports to the IC Nigeria representative (template to be provided)
- Complete monthly business reports of production and sales (template to be provided)
- Provide ad hoc responses to business questions that demonstrate increasing knowledge and eventual mastery of the subject matter
- This position will also assume other to-be-determined tasks as needed to achieve the objectives of the program.
- First degree in Finance and/or Business Administration.
- Work experience in finance and admin coordination
- Ability to engage with business partners, present professionally, and assess the quality of business processes and execution
- Private sector experience will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- People skills: experience in collaboration and coordination with other staff to achieve organizational goals
Key Personal Competencies:
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior work coordination skills, ability to influence and engage with Sales Agents and other staff of manufacturing partner
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results and detail-oriented
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; also, not easily intimidated
- Able to impact business process management and execution positively
Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance: Measured by the level of compliance by the manufacturers with the terms and conditions of the Agreement between Impact Carbon and themselves.
- Quality Control: Measured by the level of compliance with agreed standards, e.g. serial numbers on all stoves and cartons, accurate and timely completion of Warranty Cards.
- Customer Engagement: Measured by the number of contacts made with resellers and end-users and quality of the calls and information gathered, as well as follow-up and subsequent measurable improvements made.
- Data Management: Measured by timeliness and completeness of data and reliability of the data (error-free)