Outlined below would be your job specification for the role of a personal assistant to the MD/CEO of FAE Limited:
You are expected to handle all official communications of the MD/CEO. That is to say that, you are to:
- Act as the first point of contact: dealing with phone calls and correspondence.
- Manage diaries and organise meetings, appointments, and control access to her.
- Book and arrange travel tickets, transport, and accommodation.
- Organise events and conferences as would be directed.
- Always remind the MD/CEO of important tasks and deadlines.
- Draft, compile and prepare reports, proposals, presentations, and correspondence as may be directed and coordinate oral and written communication with customers and prospects.
- Implement and maintain procedures/administrative systems.
- Supports MD/CEO in her external commitments including service on external boards, committees, and other groups.
- You are expected to assist in business expansion, leveraging on existing structures to bring about business growth.
- You are to network and identify viable locations where new outlets can be sited within Lagos, Nigeria, and other West African countries, at least 2 new outlets in 6 to 12 months.
- You are to execute strategies that would help the company maintain its spot as the leading manufacturer of envelopes in Nigeria while crossing into new territories. Kindly be informed that any strategy you intend to implement must have the full knowledge and approval of the MD/CEO before such strategy will be executed.
- You are expected to reach out to, at least, 10 new prospective customers monthly through networking at seminars and workshops.
- You are to liaise with relevant departments to fashions out ways of landing private and public enterprises.
- You are expected to focus on finding commonalities, identify critical requirements that need to be retained, and provide a common standard that will ensure the smooth running of the business.
ICT and Social Media Marketing:
- You are to provide basic ICT-related services to the MD/CEO as well as carry out other related assignments assigned to you, in this regard. You are required to be involved in the management and monitoring of social media marketing campaigns of the company’s official platforms.
- You are to administratively support on HR function (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up, and other administrative tasks), drafts emails, and other correspondence as directed.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as the MD/CEO’s administrative liaison to other Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating Board meetings, arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the company's training and act on behalf of MD/CEO to communicate management decision.
- Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting packages and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests for MD/CEO.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and customers.
- Previous experience in the same role.
- Proficiency in Windows, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software such as CRM, Sage50 accounting software, etc.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including customers, Board members, colleagues of the MD/CEO at different professional bodies and staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.