Developing and maintaining models and expert scorecards for:
- Evaluating financial and demographic information of SMEs and employed clients to establish the creditworthiness of loan applications.
- Identifying, quantifying, and evaluating credit risks in relation to profitability and financial viability of clients’ business proposals within short time frames.
- Determining applicable ratios and feasibility of granting loan requests.
- Evaluating and validating the credibility of bank statements and other relevant information and documents.
- Maintain the credit exposure of the company within the approved credit risk appetite.
- Monitor the credit portfolio and evaluate the risk of potential default while recommending recovery solutions.
- Negotiate terms of repayment or loan restructuring on behalf of the company with defaulters.
- Reviewing relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic Reviews on industries & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements, or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on the profitability, and performance of the loan portfolio.
- Providing direction and leadership to teams in verification, the credit assessment, and data gathering to ensure their activities are in harmony with the company’s credit goals.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies or misleading variables in data
- Perfect understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts
- Understanding of statistical modeling
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years prior digital lending experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any other numerate discipline.
- A relevant Master’s degree or professional certification will be an advantage.