- Training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Strong understanding of Account Receivables and Account Payables management
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 8years experience (minimum of 3yrs in a similar or near similar role)in Management, Accounting, or a related field is essential
- Excellent leadership and communication skills – both spoken and written 5. Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Proficiency in Accounting software and MS Office (Ms Excel, Ms Office, Ms Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- High level of efficiency and accuracy in the execution of tasks.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations. 9. Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Interpersonal Skills: The Head of Accounts has a keen eye for detail, works comfortably in a highly collaborative setting, has a confident and outgoing personality, works comfortably with senior management and external stakeholders, has strong business acumen, is very analytical and procedural, is highly organized, is a self-starter and proactive requiring minimal supervision, and demonstrates an ability to remain calm and composed during times of stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
- Leadership/People Skills: The Head of Accounts must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, having the ability to influence and lead a team. The Head of Accounts must additionally be a people person who forms strong bonds with other people and who inspires trust and confidence in both his peers, senior, and external partners, enabling the smooth execution of his duties.
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos