- Review of the credit requests to identify key risk and proffer mitigants, agree to structure with business group and to provide conditions precedent to drawdown
- Ensure prompt response to credit requests to excite customers
- Work with other Stakeholders to ensure completeness of documentation to safeguard the Bank’s position
- Review and analyze NPL, extract necessary information and make recommendations.
- Review and appraise fast track credit and detailed analysis credit within the set threshold of approval
- Partake in the credit policy design/formulation process
- Bank’s PBT
- Cost Containment
- Net Promoter Score
- Staff Turnover - Retention (Regrettable Loss)
- Staff Performance Management
- Staff Training & Development
- Percentage achievement of the Risk assets budget for the year - at least 80%
- NPL ratio - less than 5%
- TAT on credit processing i.e. < 5% of credit process TAT breach
- The ratio of undisbursed approved credit request to total approved credit request
- Quality of credit processed: measured by the number of the recommended request referred by SCO
- Risk & Control Rating
- Credit analysis
- Understanding of CBN monetary policies & guidelines
- Loan structuring & restructuring
- Credit risk management
- Financial statement analysis
- Data mining
- Trade finance & documentary credit/ collections
- Product knowledge
- Policy formulation & implementation
- Interpersonal relations
- Analytical ability
- Decision quality & Problem-solving
- Attention to Detail
- The bank"s Ethics & Values
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results
- Time/Self Management
The behavioural competencies of the job include the ability to:
- Be a self-starter in order to complete tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Continually seek out opportunities. Practise and encourage a culture of strategic excellence.
- Take appropriate decisions whilst, at the same time, ensuring that others do likewise.
- Evaluate situations and calculate risks whilst justifying and defending quality standards.
- Enjoy challenging problem-solving situations and come up with well thought through practical solutions.
- Provide simple, practical solutions and complete all assignments thoroughly and timeously.
- Work as part of a team and demonstrate tolerance, understanding and consistency when dealing with others.
- Adopt a serious and questioning manner in order to assess situations and reach conclusions, thus basing the processes on facts and information gleaned from others.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job requirement is for a person who has the ability to achieve results through a logical, systematic and perfectionist approach.
- Challenging assignments and the research of facts and information within a specialist/technical area are also important to the role.
- The incumbent should have the persistence to see a job through to a conclusion and be happy to work either alone or on the periphery of a team.
- The function calls for well-defined parameters, achieving goals and solving problems, whilst at the same time maintaining quality and standards.
- The person occupying the job should be authoritative, inquisitive, self-reliant, methodical, deliberate and precise in approach. The ability to question, concentrate and work within set precedents may also be important aspects of this job.
- First Degree in the numerate field. Second degree/ Professional qualification would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of cognate experience in credit analysis.