- The requirements of this key result area will include but are not limited to-
- Assist in finance & budgeting activities of the company including providing support to departmental heads on preparing annual budgets.
- Maintain accounts general ledgers. Prepare asset, liability & capital account and analyze account information
- Verify all expense claims for the correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided
- Maintain adequate filing systems for financial instructions and ensure documentation is regularly updated including client records, accounting records
- Substantiate all financial transactions by auditing documents
- Assist with internal audits and with the preparation of accounts and returns
- Assist with reimbursements, expense claims, and all other internal financial transactions
- Attend meetings on behalf of the company when required to do so and take minutes/submit reports
- Audit sales accounts and other such records
- Assist with establishing and maintaining accounting controls by documenting & recommending policies & procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information & maintain financial security by completing regular database backups and adherence to internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Account
- A minimum of 6 years experience in an accounting role
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- ICAN certification will be an added advantage