- Responsible for managing the school’s finances as well as providing timely and accurate information for decision-making.
- Oversees accounts receivables and ensures timely collections, ensures compliance with policies and budgetary controls around accounts payables.
- Ensures that month-end closing activities and preparation of monthly reports are done timely and accurately.
- Supports the preparation of statutory reports and liaises with external auditors and other consultants.
- Ensure reconciliation of bank statements
- Closely supervise petty cash management
- Prepare management accounts and supporting schedules
- Manage accounting and financial activities including billings, payments, receivables, payables, invoicing:
- Ensure the timely generation of accurate school bills for all students
- Monitor remittance of statutory deductions
- Oversee payroll processes and ensure timely payment of staff
- Ensure adequate customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate the performance of team members and make necessary recommendations
- Perform research and analysis to support decision making as may be required
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance related course
- Professional Accounting Qualification – ICAN/ACCA
- Experience in the educational system will be an advantage
- Experienced in relating to clients/customers
- Deep accounting knowledge, working knowledge of leading finance practices
- Advanced Excel/data analysis skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in use of accounting software such as sage, ERPs, Quickbooks