Technical lead and Advice:
- Quality control and check that all vendors selected for the borehole rehabilitation meet the standard requirements.
- Implement and manage an effective rehabilitation and maintenance compliance program.
- Develop and review terms of reference for vendors repairing the boreholes
- Advise management on the best practices
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly check and audit vendors' procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
Documentation and Learning:
- Visit project sites for monitoring and quality assurance of water point construction and repairs.
- To supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure the quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Participate proactively in programme review and planning process and budgeting, ensuring programme quality and value for money.
- Lead the programme team in developing the annual and six-monthly, and quarterly reports.
Training and Supporting partners:
- Capacity building of partners and local government authorities.
- Targeted analysis and information gathering on the WASH sector.
- Support partners in future research studies by providing relevant input.
- Monitoring and data checks on rural water supply activities to ensure reporting compliance.
- Inputting in mapping water services and building local government capacity, supporting quality assurance.
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports as per the approved format, summarising the progress made in project implementation, lessons learned, recommendations for improvement, and case studies.
- Contribute to updating the log-frame and results against programme indicators quarterly with more detailed input for preparing annual reports.
- Systematically monitor programme performance and data for key indicators of project components and ensure management reports are collected, analysed, and made available to the programme staff.
- Other reasonable duties may be assigned to you that are consistent with the job and its level of responsibility. These will require pre-approval by your line manager.
- Preferably Master's degree in such as Engineering, Water / Geology Knowledge
- Able to research, learn and implement new technologies quickly
- Good understanding of Hydrogeological Classification of Aquifers
- Good knowledge of Hand pump boreholes (India MK II handpump)
- Experience in WASH Programming in Nigeria and familiarity with the WASH sector and key stakeholders
- Good technical writing skills, presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Must be a good team player, honest, dependable, and willing to be flexible with work hours
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to speak local languages
- Gender, intercultural and interfaith sensitivity.
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Positive outlook and stand-alone disposition.
- Adaptable and responsive disposition relative to the demands and development of the programme.
What we offer:
- This position offers the opportunity to gain experience with an international NGO whilst receiving mentoring and learning on best practice global WASH approaches and issues. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package and, above all, a respectful and empowering working environment and the opportunity to make a real impact.
The deadline for applications is 20th December 2021. You are recommended to apply early, as applications will be assessed as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
United Purpose is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of gender, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, or sexual orientation. United Purpose also has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.