What is expected of you as a sound designer?
- Our sound designer creates the soundscape for an animation. In animation, there are no natural sounds to work with (as there would be when filming live action) so everything sounds in animation is created from scratch by sound designers.
- You would be using a mix of creating sounds from scratch on the computer, known as synthesis or recording real-life sounds to use, known as foley.
What we need you to be good at:
- Creativity: be able to imagine a soundscape that doesn’t exist yet, translate ideas into sound, create bespoke sounds to enhance the storytelling.
- Storytelling: have a good understanding of the characters and the story and design sounds that communicate these well, understand the importance of timing, when the sound design is necessary and when not.
- Using software: record sound, have extensive knowledge of ProTools and other audio design software.
- Voice recording: you should be great at recording voice over and action sounds and guiding voice models on recording clean professional and noise free audios that would be used in the animation.
- Communication: understand the director’s vision and be able to articulate creative and technical ideas, have productive discussions and address constructive feedback, work closely with the dialogues and always keep the music in mind.
- Organisation: be able to work to tight deadlines in post-production.
Length of experience: 3 years
Salary: NGN100,000 - NGN150,000