Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following on a high level:
- Oversee Management of staff, pupil progress, pastoral care, and relations with parents, examination bodies and government education agencies.
- Oversee school resource management, premises management and repair/maintenance of school equipment.
- Oversee the health and safety, appraisal, training, development, and induction of all staff. On a more detailed level, these are your duties below.
Responsibilities to the Students:
- Implement plans to increase student numbers
- Implement plans for admission and facilitate entrance exams, scholarship exams and admission letters
- Ensure the school curriculum is strictly adhered to in all aspects. Be extremely proactive in ensuring the school is following the British and Nigerian curriculum
- Prepare a summary of results for all internal exams, external exams and continuous assessments written in the school
- Ensure disciplinary measures taken against students are accurately reflected in the student’s file.
- Oversee the maintenance of and ensure confidentiality of all records, conversations, and information regarding each student.
- Ensure academic records for all students are well maintained.
- Facilitate the timetabling of school events and competitions.
- Ensure activities for the school events are thoroughly planned and showcase the skills and talents of the students
- Break time and lunchtime supervision.
- Morning supervision prior to school opening
- Ensuring the highest standards of ethics and integrity during all internal and external exams
- Processing examination registrations at the Ministry of Education and Examination bodies.
Responsibilities to Teachers:
- 1Develop and administer system to track the performance of teachers in the Secondary and Primary School through the use of performance objectives and appraisals.
- Discuss performance objectives with teachers at the start of each year and identify teachers who have failed to meet performance objectives through the use of twice-yearly performance appraisals.
- Facilitate twice yearly individual reviews with each teacher and ensure the teacher has the results of each appraisal. Also, ensure the results of the appraisals are accurately reflected in the teacher files.
- Ensure disciplinary measures (verbal warnings, written warnings, suspensions etc) are accurately reflected in the teacher’s file
- Ensure teaching staff records such as lesson notes, diaries, teaching aids and classroom registers are in order and up to date.
General School Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth operations of the school including making sure the buildings are well maintained and any areas of concern are brought to the attention of the principal and directors.
- Ensure the secondary school is always clean and presentable by performing a daily inspection of the grounds, dormitories, canteen, classrooms etc.
- Adhere to the most stringent ethical and professional standards in order to serve as a role model for students, school personnel, and community stakeholders
- Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of each student the school or its grounds
- Coordinate and direct school auxiliary activities such as Club meetings, Visiting days and Resumption days.
- Carry out as directed by the school directors