As a Planning Engineer, the individual would report to the General Manager Projects and would be responsible for the following:
- Developing realistic project timescales using applicable software like Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc. as may be required by clients.
- Drawing up realistic project schedules through proactive engagement with project managers and technical teams
- Develop project monitoring report for all project activities and issue early warnings of issues or delays to avoid schedule overrun
- Provide support for proposals and bids
- Support project review process (e.g., Gate Reviews) with project performance information including highlighting problems and trends
- Liaises with client planners for updates and integration of schedules where required with approval from the project manager
Key Competencies Required:
- Planning and scheduling
- Good knowledge of Microsoft projects, Primavera P6
- \Ability to assess the robustness of project scheduling and the risk to critical path
- Business support acumen
- Exposure to EPC and IRM greenfield and brownfield projects in the oil and gas industry.
- Qualifications: A first degree in Engineering with good knowledge of scheduling software
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.