What sort of company are we?
We are a small band of experts. This inspires our purpose as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health and social care problems. We believe our products, whether used in an emerging or in a mature economy should be intuitive, beautiful and impactful.
We prize our open and collaborative culture. We are sensitive to the needs, perspectives and ideas of our colleagues and customers. We treat everyone with kindness and communicate with candour and good-humour. We welcome being challenged, and make time for self-reflection.
Our work is intentionally impactful. Whether working on a frontline healthcare product or an email to a colleague, it all matters. Excellence is in the detail. The detail matters. We respect everyone and everything we do.
We have active offices in Nairobi, Karachi, Accra and London. Elephant was founded in 2018 and is backed by leading VC firms including Novastar Ventures, General Catalyst, LocalGlobe, First Minute, SeedCamp, Push Ventures, Speed Invest and Manta Ray.
We have a firm code of principles based on transparency, safety and security, and want to build trust in all those around us.
This is a fixed contract role to support the Elephant IT processes across the company as well for our customers.
- Coordinate IT support services within Elephant Healthcare and its clients.
- You will work directly with the Head of IT to coordinate IT functions within Elephant healthcare and her customers.
- You will mainly focus on the preparation of devices in readiness for deployment to Elephant customers. This will include enrolling devices to Elephant chosen device management solution, connecting sim cards to the devices and testing for full functionality.
- Under the instruction of the Head of IT, you will ship devices and Elephant registration cards to new enrollment sites to ensure the deployment teams are always equipped with the right number of devices and consumables for their deployment.
- You will be responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests in a remote environment on issues with escalations to the Head of IT.
- You will manage the central store and the inventory there in keeping up to date records of the same.
- You will coordinate the replacement of faulty devices and maintain an accurate asset inventory.
- As a junior member of the team, you will have access to senior exceptional experience and are therefore strongly encouraged to develop your own technical capabilities through self-driven learning and mentorship to position yourself for opportunities in the future.
- You will be a key member of the testing of new hardware and software within Elephant.
Skills, Attribute and experience:
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- You will have experience installing and configuring IT software and hardware
- You have experience repairing IT equipment and hardware
- You will have access to Elephants information and resources and therefore high levels of integrity are key to your success in this role.
- Elephant is a high growth company and hence your proactiveness and hard work is key to success in this role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential in this role
- You will have the flexibility required with your working hours to accomplish your tasks within strict deadlines
- You will operate physically from our office most of the time as required
- You will have the flexibility to travel within the country to support our expansion plans.
Salary and benefits: You will be on a six months contract with a competitive salary. This contract is renewable on a need basis.
We respect everyone and everything we do.
We prize our open and collaborative culture. We are sensitive to the needs, perspectives and ideas of our customers and colleagues. We treat everyone with kindness and communicate with candour and good humour. We welcome being challenged, and make time for self-reflection. We respect everyone.
Our work has impact and is the sum of all its parts. Whether a product on the frontline of healthcare or an email to a colleague, it all matters. Excellence is in the detail. The detail matters. We respect everything we do.