Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Technical ICT Support
- Configuration & Installation
- Server & Network Support
- Administration & Supervision
- ICT curriculum implementation to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Technical ICT Support:
- Install new software and hardware.
- Secure, security code and ensure the safe set up of new equipment.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and classrooms as required.
2. Configuration & Installation:
- Assist in creating a structured approach to rolling out new hardware or software, including procurement, testing and assessing the needs of user training.
3. Server & Network Support:
- Perform basic diagnostic routines.
- Work to and give guidance to others on the ICT acceptable use policy.
- Perform checks to ensure that broadband connectivity is maintained.
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed.
- Manage the structure of the school online management systems and contribute to the development of other e‐learning solutions.
- Support the implementation of MIS solutions as required.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Maintain electronic mail accounts and implement where appropriate.
- Ensure routine safety checks, including electrical tests, are carried out and appropriate records maintained.
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognised procedures.
5. Administration & Supervision:
- Maintain an up‐to‐date inventory of ICT software and licences in school.
- Be responsible for an efficient stock control system and associated records. Order equipment and supplies to secure the best value for goods and services.
- Receive and check deliveries and associated invoices, notify the appropriate person of discrepancies.
- Support the full range of financial planning for ICT, including the purchase of larger items and help to estimate future budget requirements.
- Assist in planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT service as required.
- Provide management information as required.
- Ensure school policy on staff and pupil access to data and files is implemented.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to teachers, pupils and other members of staff on developing their use of ICT in school.
- Under the guidance of a teacher use specialist skills and experience to train and support individual students or groups of students.
- Produce material and equipment required for teaching as requested, including printing, downloading of support material, worksheets and help sheets.
- Identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfil the functional specification as defined by school staff.
- Invigilate examinations and tests as required.
- Responsible for managing all TLP social media platforms
- Monitor and manage the school website.
- Update school website and other online platforms with up-to-date information regularly
- Ensure social media marketing strategy is in alignment with school policies.
8. ICT Curriculum Implementation:
- Participates in ICT curriculum development
- Presents ICT lessons to students
- Engages in student evaluation activities as regards ICT.
- Generates students’ reports
- To work flexibly and undertake other duties of an equivalent nature that may be required by the head of the department from time to time.
- To be familiar with customer care, data protection and health and safety policies.
- To keep abreast of current hardware and software developments and provide advice on the best product for a given task.
- To attend and participate in meetings within the school as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Equipment is operating as it should on a daily basis and timely completion of daily inspections.
- Employee (user) satisfaction score; reduction in the number of user complaints
- Planned maintenance vs. reactive maintenance ratio
- Efficient IT support deployment across the whole school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years relevant experience as an ICT Support Officer
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication and confidence skills.
- Organised, structured with measurable initiative.
- Determination to meet deadlines and ability to cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and effective team spirit.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Sincere and genuine love of children.
- Discipline, integrity, diligence and accountability.
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Gross Salary between NGN100,000.00 - NGN120,000.00 per month.
- Tuition assistance for child/children attending TLP.
- Ongoing staff training and educational assistance.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Subsidised HMO group scheme.
- Pension scheme participation.