The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Research, define and implement organization-wide technological strategies.
- Develop and enforce IT policies and procedures.
- Run regular checks on network and data security.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Design training programs and workshops on new applications and software, etc. for team members.
- Conduct regular system and network audits.
- Manage major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages.
- Prepare Annual IT budget.
- Provide direction for Tech Support team members.
- Evaluate technology risks organization-wide in order to develop a disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 - 7 years work experience in a Core Technology Firm or Fintech.
- 3 years of managerial experience.
- ITIL, CCIE, PMP or PRINCE2 certifications are an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience with computer networks; network administration and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Proficient in Linux system administration
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively.
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to get the job done.
- Proactive, motivated, and possess poise and self-confidence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively, balancing multiple deliverables efficiently.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with colleagues, and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to bring innovations to operations.
- Highly organized
- Intellectually curious
- A strong focus on excellence
- Self-driven and goal-oriented
- A thirst for knowledge and learning