In Cedarview, your responsibilities include:
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Gather market and customer information
- Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Check the quantities of goods on display and in stock
- Make accurate, rapid cost calculations and provide customers with quotations.
- Negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Record sales and order information, send copies to the sales office, or enter figures into a computer system
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Feed future buying trends back to employers
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Attend team meetings and share best practices with colleagues.
- Salaries and commission rates vary considerably in sales. As a guide, basic salaries start in the range of NGN75,000 ad variable pay (commission) goes up to NGN200,000.
- As considerable travel is often required, we provide a company car, petrol allowance or subsidized mileage in your own car.
- Working hours vary according to the sector but are generally quite long, with the pressure to meet targets making late finishes a regular part of the job, especially at the end of the employer's financial quarter or year.
What to expect:
- The sales industry is a target driven and as a consequence, the work can sometimes be demanding and pressurized.
- Conditions of work vary widely. You could be based in Lagos or outside and may work from an office base, or office at home or use hotels as your office.
- Sales executives are generally expected to look professional and smart, particularly when liaising with clients.
- Travel within a working day, overnight absence from home and travelling are all common. The constant travel, sometimes with overnight stays or longer business trips, may affect your social and personal life.
- First Degree in business, management or marketing, computing, engineering or technology
- Academic qualifications are often less important than personality, attitude and abilities and a strong commercial awareness and excellent communication skills are particularly desirable attributes.
You'll need to have:
- The ability and desire to sell
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- A good level of numeracy
- A full driving license