We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and procedures
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
- Access funding for training and write proposals
Monitor staff performance and attendance activities.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absence
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Inform affected staff or residents of unexpected absences from work and coordinate actions ensuring the continuity of services such as cancellation of events and locating keys.
Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Conduct exit interviews
Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource and work related issues.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Research and monitor human resource systems in other organizations within the community.
- Explain the provisions of the personnel policy.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
- Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
- Attend Council meetings to provide information, when necessary.
Perform other related duties as require.
- Minimum academic qualification of BSc/MSc in any Management field or professional related courses
- 5 years of working experience
- The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in Human resources management
- Supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic counseling skills
- Negotiations skills
- Effective verbal and listening
- Communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills
- Research and program development skills
- Stress management skills
- Interviewing skills
- Time management skills
- The incumbent must maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment and perform independently while performing the duties of the human resource officer.
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair.
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 - 400,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.