Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
Heifer International is an international development organization dedicated to improving food security and income opportunities for rural families while promoting sound stewardship of natural resources. As a private, non-governmental organization based in Little Rock, Arkansas, Heifer has created lasting change for farming households in over 125 countries across Latin America, Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe for over 70 years.
Since 1944, Heifer International has helped more than 36 million families lift themselves out of hunger and poverty. Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily, educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene, and other essential resources. When many families gain this new sustainable income, it brings new opportunities for building schools, creating agricultural cooperatives, forming community savings, and funding small businesses.
Heifer Global has a target to help 10 million households achieve sustainable living income by 2030 for which Heifer Africaâs contribution is 6.745 million households.Â
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENTTo develop identified People Policies and Procedures. Develop earmarked People Function frameworks. Develop implementation frameworks for developed pieces of work. To Improve and optimize existing processes.
II. CONSULTANTâS OBLIGATIONS
The Consultant shall for the duration of this agreement provide the following services: -Â
1. PoliciesDraft agreed Regional Policies and Procedures.
2. Country Staff Handbooks/ManualsIn collaboration with Country People Managers manage the end-to-end delivery of country Handbooks (Senegal, Rwanda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania) based on a refresh of the Africa HR Manual.
3. Business Processes and StandardsCarry out Audit to ascertain status of Process Excellence in the People Business Processes Management in line with new Zadock-Star Standards Assessments (Z-Star SATs) Tool.
4. Medical PlanÂ
Drive the already started process of evaluating our current plan against what is available in the market to fulfil our staff medical needs with the Regional Office as a priority with closure aimed at having the data before 25th October 2023.
5. Risk FrameworkCollaboratively mine and develop Risk mitigation Register for the People function as well as develop an Updated Risk Register ensuring risk action plans have a monitoring framework to ensure close-outs in a timely fashion.
6. Pension SchemesReview and give Status report on Pensions and develop Pension management frameworks across Africa.
7. Job Profiles Review & BenchmarkingReview of all Job Descriptions for accuracy and grade benchmarking efficiency of all pending JD for review especially old ones and add competency and Technical & behavioral competences.
8. Support workplan for taking forward the just ended benefits review and analysis as well as PayScale updating based on new market Insights.
9. Operational Support on need basis during periods of high workload.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
The Consultant will report to the Africa People Director. V. TERMS OF PAYMENT
The consultant shall be paid subject to an acceptable performance report. Payment shall be made in thirty (30) days upon submission of invoice and service performance report. No advance payment shall be made. This Agreement is deemed to commence on the date upon signature by either party.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.