Head of Human Resources is responsible for promoting and implementing HR values through planning and providing strategic people management support to Business Units and support functions and also overseeing the administration of facilities, properties, and assets in order to meet the business objectives of the Company.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Establish Human Resources objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Implement HR strategies, policies & procedures by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, learning and development, records management, succession planning, employee & industrial relations, and retention
- Manage the initiation and coordination of all recruitment, selection, induction, and placement strategies and processes for all categories of new employees to meet and deliver Business objectives;
- Manage the Company Performance Management Cycle, implementation of change, Reward and compensation strategy, and Employee Engagement Strategy
- Advise on Manpower planning and maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Comply with country-specific Labor law in all the Company’s locations by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Senior Management on needed actions
- Oversee the administration and management of all Facilities, properties, and assets
- Oversee the HR & administration budget and ensure costs are in alignment with the budget
- Ensure attendance of relevant training, networking, and conferences needed to update on relevant legislation and best practices
- Ensure continuous staff professional development
- Drive the implementation of approved policies and programs to actualize the company’s compensation strategy.
- Oversee the management of employee welfare to ensure remunerations are competitive and incorporate best practices to keep employees motivated.
- Promotes the organization’s culture to support the attainment of the company goals and employee satisfaction
- Design and conduct performance appraisal exercises for full-time and fix-timed staff
- Drive the conduct of benchmark surveys to identify new compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing salary rates to develop a more competitive compensation plan for the company’s employees.
- Oversee execution of monthly payroll and approve periodic reconciliations on total compensation.
- Manage relationships with internal (finance) and external (tax or other) representatives to ensure seamless and timely performance of the department’s activities.
- Provide accurate details of total (or changes to) payroll costs and other compensation-related information, and relevant recommendations to Management for informed decision-making.
- Oversee the activities of junior officers and provide guidance as required
- Preparation of Management reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Any other directive assigned by the Managing Director, Chief Operation Officer, Executive Management, or Board of Directors
- Staff loan and leave management
- Ensure staff are properly identified and recognized through the provision of identification cards.
Key Performace Indicators:
- Fill all vacancies promptly to meet set timelines
- Conclude onboarding timely and professionally (PFA/NHF/TAX/Guarantor) with all documentation within 8 weeks of joining
- Conduct Previous employer checks, Certificate verification, and basic medical checks within 8 weeks of joining
- Conduct Exit interviews with exiting staff on the last date of employment
- Ensure all exit clearance forms and handover notes are completed
- Analyze training needs for all departments and execute
- Prepare and submit annual training plans for the following years between October and December of every year
- Implement at least four E-learning courses per staff every quarter
- Implement classroom training for staff at least once a year (in the 1 st & 2 nd quarters)
- Communicates Annual Staff Appraisal Calendars to the entire employees
Staff Salary Payroll:
- Prepare monthly salaries of all staff on or before the 26th of the month
- Manage the relationship of the company with Health Management Organizations (HMOs) and/or health insurance Providers to ensure all staff are duly registered, staff get prompt and quality health services, and payments to the providers are made as and when due
- Ensure prompt payment for Industrial Training Funds and ensure the company benefits from the scheme yearly
- Ensure all staff are registered for Pension and appropriate deductions and payments made monthly.
- Maintain staff records and paperwork: at the point of entry, collect staff information and document it in the staff database immediately
Skills and Competencies:
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Human Resources Management
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Management
- Communication Processes
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Supports Diversity
- Classifying Employees
- Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
- Recruiting and Staffing;
- Organizational and Space planning;
- Performance Management and Improvement Systems;
- Organization Development;
- Employment and Compliance with regulatory concerns;
- Employee Orientation, Development, and Training;
- Policy Development and Documentation;
- Employee Relations;
- Company-wide committee facilitation;
- Company Employee and Community communication;
- Compensation and Benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Employee services and counseling.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good business writing skills.
- Evidence of Technical competencies in Microsoft Office suite, strong IT skills, and ability to utilize HR
- Information system and Project Management skills.
- Excellent Managerial and behavioral competencies.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in Human resources, Psychology, Business Management, or any related course etc.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience in logistics or other industry
- Very good knowledge of the Logistics industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation, etc.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Minimum Performance rating of 85%
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above-average oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company's Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Good analytic, report writing, and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Good understanding of business processes
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.