- Work closely with the Project Lead to develop the project’s youth outreach and engagement strategy by developing creative activities and approaches to attract and engage programme participants and beneficiaries.
- Craft the engagement plan for the project in line with the National Youth Future Funds (NYFF) strategy.
- Identify media opportunities and promote NYFF youth engagement projects, events, and initiatives on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and Telegram.
- Create a robust communication, marketing and media strategy and be responsible for the implementation of the strategy.
- Oversee the development and management of the domain, website and NYFF social media.
- Create content for digital marketing and social media with a focus on the milestones and objectives of the NYFF.
- Oversee all brand management and creative elements associated with the NYFF project.
- Develop and strengthen community partnerships with external stakeholders, such as schools and colleges, as well as with youth networks.
- Plan, organize and host focused events on a regular basis for youth leaders, activists and organizations to educate youths on the numerous benefits of the National Youth Future Funds (NYFF) project.
- Work closely with LEAP Africa’s communications team to develop and prepare publicity material to promote National Youth Future Funds (NYFF) projects, direct outreach events and initiatives on all social media in line with LEAP Africa’s guidelines.
- Prepare and share weekly and monthly reports to all relevant stakeholders on the achievements and progress of the National Youth Future Funds (NYFF) project. 12. Compile and submit the summary of evidence-based highlights/ success stories on the National Youth Future Funds (NYFF) project.
- Oversee the creation of publications and related materials.
- Document all conversations and debates accurately and neutrally. Ensuring these elements are fed back into strategies and work plans for effective youth engagement.
- Manage the online portal, ensuring that it continues to exist to serve the purpose of continuous engagement and context respiratory for future use.
- Oversee the Virtual Community of Practice and alumni engagements.
- Engage in other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization and as assigned by your supervisor.
The required candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences. (A Masters Degree is an added advantage).
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years relevant experience in engaging virtual/physical communities; Experience with youth-focused projects.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with very good public speaking skills and facilitation skills.
- High level of creativity and problem solving, and conceptualization.
- Experience leading and designing digital marketing campaigns.
- Strong copywriter and editing skills.
- Experience working on national projects.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and representing the views of young people.
- Possess very good interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, sound judgment and a good team player.
- Strong work ethics; Willing to travel.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite, Google suite, data entry and analysis tools
- Performance driven and mission oriented.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Aligned with the company's partner organizations with youth leadership, activism and social change.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and proactive.
- Looking to work in a fast-paced project and organisation.
- Aligned in thought and actions with the company's values (RISE - Respect, Integrity, Synergy and Excellence).
Key technical competencies to succeed in this role:
- Communications Skills
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Budget Management Skills
- Brand development and management
- Digital Marketing
- Presentations Skills
- Event Coordination
- Communicating Impact
- Networking Skills
Job Location: Lagos Nigeria.
Type: 5-year Contract (renewable annually) years contract.