WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the worldÂ achieve Zero Hunger Â in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced degree with 3 years professional experience or first degree with 6 years professional experience in one of the following disciplines: Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty stationâs language, if different.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country/Deputy Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Deputy Regional/Division Director or the designate. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that administrative objectives are achieved in full. They are heavily involved in dayâto-day activities and analytical work.
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFPâs strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
2. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
3. Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
11. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
PurposeUnderstand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFPâs Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives. Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners). Â Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFPâs mission. Â Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFPâs overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
PeopleLook for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs. Â Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment. Â Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills. Â Create an âI willâ/âWe willâ spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
PerformanceEncourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work. Â Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors. Â Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities. Â Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
PartnershipConnect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teamsâ priorities and preferred working styles. Â Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners. Â Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders. Â Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFPâs unique value as a partner.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Business Support Services & Reporting Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience. Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of internal controls and proper accounting procedures and systems to recommend improvements where necessary to address current weaknesses, mitigate risks to mission-critical WFP operations and maximise client satisfaction. Resource Management for Administration and Engineering Oversees staffing for HQ and Field resources at the programme level, taking resource usage trends and forecasting data into account. Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards , processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise. Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Ensure data collation and preparing data analysis to provide management with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making by carrying out the following.
2. Monitor fuel consumption for vehicles and also ensure the fuel monthly reports for vehicles are prepared and entered into FMS as at when due.
3. Ensure replenishment of diesel for generators, monitoring the Diesel consumption and also ensuring the diesel monthly reports for generators are prepared and entered into FMS as at when due.
4. Ensure adequate inventory of stationeries is kept in the store and replenishments are made as at when due.
5. Ensure documentation of all changes such as addition, location and status changes to the asset register.
6. Monitor existing contracts and ensure that SOWs/LTAs are sent to procurement for the initiation of the procurement processes for their renewal before the contract expiration.
7. Manage the Admin annual leave plan.
8. Carry out premises management by ensuring Facilities and Utilities are functioning well by creating a conducive working environment.
9. Carry out complete procurement processes for items below the MPO limit of 5000 USD.
10. Serve as focal point for Archibus, GVLP.
11. Liaise with office premises maintenance team to ensure service provided is at WFP agreed standard.
12. Carry out other duties as assigned by the Head of Administration.
13. Act as Officer-in-charge in the absence of Head of Admin.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experienceâ¢ At least 6 years of progressively responsible relevant professional and practical experience in administration. â¢ Experience in providing direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise â¢ Has gained experience in administration. â¢ Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
11th October, 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFPâs standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.