- Carry out cardinal (vital) signs.
- Medical consultation
- Must know how to treat primary health conditions,
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing treatments.
- Assisting mothers and families through attempts to conceive, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitoring the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on contraceptives, reproductive health, and family planning.
- Ability to take care and assist in delivery,
- Ability to administer health services to in and outpatients.
- Ability to issue health talks (to ante-natal patients, college students, secondary school students E.T.C)
- Proper documentation skill
- Proper medical record keeping.
- Responsiveness to duties and personal lifestyle e.t.c.