- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- To ensure the company complies with financial and legal requirements and maintains high standards of corporate governance.
- Maintain statutory books.
- To act as a point of communication between the board of directors and in some cases organisations executive management.
- Research legal resources such as articles, codes, statutes, judicial decisions and more.
- Write and review settlement documents, contracts, agreements, stock certificates and more.
- Ensure correspondence is attended to, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders. Advise members of the legal implications of decisions and policies.
- Liaise with external regulators such as lawyers and auditors.
- First and Second degrees (L.LB and L. LM) in Law in any reputable institution. An MBA, IT proficiency will be an added advantage.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years working experience in the Insurance industry or financial institution or Law firm.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- The candidate must be self -motivated driven and willing to work under pressure.
- Relevant knowledge of Regulatory/Statutory filing requirements.
- Ensure Compliance with relevant extant law and all statutory requirements.
- Ability to render Legal advice on matters of contractual agreement and litigation.
- Good Legal drafting skills.