Main duties and responsibilities:
1. File Management
- To obtain accurate information and instructions from clients, analyse the legal and practical aspects of their case and obtain the necessary documents/evidence to provide preliminary advice.
- To analyse and advise on strategy, tactics, and how best to achieve the most successful outcome for each client according to the particular circumstances of their case.
- To heed the procedural timetable and time limits, to make necessary applications where required to protect the client’s position.
- To comply with the Rules of Regulators.
2. Client Relations
- To deal with clients in a sensitive, professional and competent way; and to pitch all communications with clients at a level appropriate to the individual concerned.
- To identify clients’ objectives and to seek to further them in a manner consistent with all professional and ethical obligations
3. Professional Standard
- To work and behave in a professional manner and within the highest ethical and other standards of the profession.
- To comply with procedures set by the profession.
- To ensure monetary transactions are dealt with efficiently and in accordance with professional rules
- To maintain the strictest standards of client confidentiality at all times
- To anticipate as well as to respond to clients’ needs and demands Sharing of information with colleagues.
- To participate in the growth and development of the department/firm
4. Marketing: Social and Technical:
- To include presentation of seminars, writing articles, joining and participating in professional and other relevant organisations.
5. Management of Resources:
- To assist the firm in maximising income and profitability by effective time recording and billing.
- To keep up to date with developments in law and practice
- Must keep the record up to date and comply with the compulsory CPD regime
7. Information Technology:
- Wherever possible, to utilise I.T. to provide a quality, cost-effective and efficient service to clients.
- To maintain the strictest concern for and awareness of the need for data protection at all times.
Performance Measured By;
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Conducting matters on behalf of clients to their satisfaction.
- Careful file management and the keeping of detailed contemporaneous attendance notes of all work done on behalf of our clients.
- Compliance with time recording requirements and reaching financial targets Knowledge and use of court rules and procedures.
- Efficiency in dealing with work and accuracy of work produced. Ability to work with initiative; maintaining a flexible and responsible approach.
- Personal development and contribution to the overall objectives of the Firm
Skills & Abilities:
- Aware of the general legal and ethical principles and able to apply those to different situations.
- Ability to analyse complex factual and legal situations and advise as to the critical path that should be followed.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy environment, along with good IT, strong written & verbal skills.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience up to 3 years with knowledge and interest in capital market
- Legal experience is essential
- Some finance and capital market experience will be advantageous
- Previous experience in product liability and knowledge of group litigation procedures is desirable
- Works in an organised and methodical manner and has a positive attitude
Character and Personal Qualities:
- Effective communicator
- Team player - Works well under pressure.
- Ability to deal sensitively with clients and experts
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the type of work we do at WLP
Salary: Between N80,000 and N150,000.00
PQE: 4 years minimum
- Pension scheme
- Health Insurance scheme and up to 20 days holiday per plus public & bank holidays.