- As a Project Leader, you will support multiple live projects simultaneously across a range of high-growth industries and client types.
- Project Leaders work closely with our clients to develop business & industry strategies, structure capital raises, and address difficult operational challenges. Our work does not end with recommendations; in most projects, Open Capital teams oversee execution and implementation, working with all levels of client staff.
- You will join Open Capital at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and leverage our strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space. We are being called to solve challenges in many diverse frontier markets – from Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa to Sierra Leone, Niger, and the DRC.
- The right candidate should be excited to take on a new level of responsibility and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic and financial questions we answer for our clients.
Your Skills and Experience:
We are looking for an exceptional leader and executor who share our motivation and drive. Project Leaders should feel comfortable leading multiple client projects, developing complex strategies and analyses, contributing fresh ideas, and feeling personally accountable for the impact we achieve. Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative. We are open to a variety of backgrounds but the top candidate will typically have the following:
- 5+ years of proven experience at a top global management consulting firm, investment firm, or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables and client service
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities and insightful, structured way of presenting information
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds
- Interest in guiding teams and mentoring our analysts & junior team members
- Demonstrated experience in emerging and interest working in emerging markets
- Fluency in French language and previous Africa experience useful but not required
- Desire to work and live in Lagos for at least 2 years and a commitment to regional impact.