- Responsible for plant production goals, including putting in place and implementing systems and procedures to ensure operations of the plant meets production plans, product quality, health/safety/environment and cost standards.
- Responsible for quality and sales orientation, including identifying quality and sales improvement programs to improve the cost-effectiveness of the production process for the plant, as well as business development to improve market share.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policy and guidelines, including purchase, materials deployment, production and shipping/delivery.
- Work with company management to recruit and manage adequate, well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills, including staff recruitment, appraisal and commendation/discipline/promotion.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of the clean and safe plant (as per NAFDAC requirements), including setting up and ensuring execution of maintenance plans/strategies, maintenance job routines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), management of change process, etc.
- Ensure all necessary records are maintained to ensure effective monitoring of the production process in the plant, including monitoring of working conditions to ensure the continued provision of a safe and healthy working environment for the personnel and plant as well as safe end-products for consumers.
- Planning and organizing production schedules
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing on budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- Supervising and managing the work of junior staff
- Organizing relevant training sessions.
- Minimum of OND/HND in Food Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Minimum of 1 year proven work experience in the water production industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word and Excel)
- Residential location in Mushin, Illupeju, Oshodi, Ikeja axis will be an added advantage
- A positive attitude to work and the ability to work with others is essential
- Strong planning and organization skills are required
- Cross-functional integration skills
- Ability to multi-task and carry out effective stakeholder engagement
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public
- High sense of urgency, show visible and felt leadership, and safety champion
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and seamless adaptation to change
- 100,000 naira monthly salary (negotiable based on experience)
- Other staff benefits