- Meet with clients to determine their needs and requirements and come up with creative construction designs based on clients need.
- Manage design projects from concept development through to completion, preparing drawings, blueprints, specifications and construction documents
- Compile feasibility reports, determine environmental impact, create project proposals, estimate costs, determine timelines and oversee construction processes.
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of set goals
- Specializes in designing and building interiors for safety, functionality and aesthetics.
- Understand the durability and strength of building materials, but also be skilled in the use of light, colour and textures in a space.
- Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients' tastes in mind.
- Coordinate preliminary architectural studies for major new structures and alterations to existing structures and site development
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions, working with teams across business lines
- Provide clients with recommendations on suitable architectural design considering factors such as building site, cost, and trend.
- Create architectural plans which meet the desired requirement and expectations of clients by designing according to budget and preference.
- Present building designs to clients or management for approval. You will also be required to specify the cost estimates, materials, duration, and other relevant information required for the actualization of a building project and interior design work
- Interact with other building designers and professionals to exchange ideas on techniques/styles for structural plans and new designs
- Liaise with clients, contractors, engineers to ensure that aspects such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), as well as structural supports are properly incorporated into the designed structures.
- Comply with safety standards and local planning regulations and gain permits for all construction projects
- B.Arch in Architecture or related courses. A Masters would be a plus.
- Speciality in designing and Interior design both in drawing and implementation
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as an Architect
- Chattered, certified and registered Architects will be highly regarded
- Creativity: Create highly creative concepts and technical drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications. Also, create good interior design and modelling for projects.
- IT savvy: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and software programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Newforma, BIM etc. Ability to produce 2D and 3D design drawings for meeting presentations
- Visualisation: Visualize space in three dimensions, see in your mind's eye, complete the project look.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Proactively identify issues, evaluate possible solutions and choose the best option to solve issues.
- Project Management: Supervise the construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines, stay on budget, and adhere to the original vision for the design. Work with contractors, surveyors, and building service engineers to create a construction schedule and bring the designs to fruition.
- Interior Design – understanding space, taste, design, colours, finishing.
- Implementation – Supervise interior work from beginning to finish
- A female is preferred
Salary Range: NGN100,000- NGN135,000 Gross