The main responsibility of the Cashier is to welcome the customer in a friendly way and to scan/register all items accurately to be bought by the customer, process payments in cash, through bank cards or mobile payments, according to the cash system, and give change and close the transaction by providing the receipt.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Scan all items for purchase / payment by the customer
- Make sure the correct number of items are scanned /registered where there are multiple items of the same product
- Report items without a scan code to the Cash Controller
- Report any faulty POS Machines, scanning equipment repair or replacement needs to the Cash Controller.
- Receive and processes all customer payments according to the Operating Instructions for Cashiers
- Confirm the amount to be paid mode of payment, cash, or bank card to the customer politely.
- Accept and counts the cash received accurately and enters the amount into the cash system.
- Give back the correct change, as indicated on the system, to the customer.
- Enter the right amount in the card terminal (POS device) where the customer wants to pay by bank card.
- Minimum academic qualification of SSCE
- Experience in a retail environment, preferably in customer service or as a cashier
- Accurate ability to work in a high paced environment
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to communicate and relate with customers in a very friendly way
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.