Black Olive Bistro
Food Services & Catering
The Black Olive Bistro is looking to hire a young, vibrant culinary artist to join our team. The Sous Chef will be expected to uphold the highest food safety and hygiene standards daily.
- Minimum Qualification:High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Assisting in creating adequate meal portions and preparation and creating a safe and sanitary kitchen working environment.
- Assist in bulk buying of food condiments.
- Assists in the daily purchase of perishables like Vegetables
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers as directed by the supervisor.
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Head Chef
- Meal Prep: Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning different meats and washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Head Chef
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted reserves.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing primary cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are appropriately sanitized.
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Head Chef's instructions.
- Compile a list of all the available kitchenware, appliances and equipment used in the restaurant's daily operations, maintain an updated list of this equipment and report any damages or losses to the Operations Manager.
- See to it that any ingredients utilized in each dish are fresh, clean and high-quality.
- Monitor inventory and replace any missing stocks when necessary
- Dispose of any expired products and ingredients and replace such missing supplies regularly
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum academic qualification of SSCE
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.