We are looking for a Prep Demi Chef De Partie (Prep Production Associate) who combines a passion for food production with building efficient operational processes and excelling at core administrative functions. You'll ensure smooth prep production, consistent quality and accurate quantities of prepped produce daily, and productive team management.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Internship & Graduate
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Supervise and enforce meal preparation according to the recipe/menu specifications, and defined by the Production Manager (Head Chef) and Assistant Production Managers (Sous chefs).
- Provide support on prep activities on specific stations as required.
- Collaborate with cleaners to keep the work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to standard hygiene practices.
- Manage and submit effective prep requisition for ingredients needed for daily prep production to the inventory unit.
- Receive deliveries from the inventory unit and verify that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality (as required); effective and timely follow-up on pending items as required.
- Actively drive collaboration and collaborative workflow between prep and relevant units; ensure all processes are complied with, and SLAs (service level agreements) are maintained.
- Directly influence cost control around prep activities; understand any channels for high waste and execute initiatives to close gaps, actively track and report on prep productivity metrics.
- Identify gaps in the prep unit and design initiatives to effectively address and close gaps within the shortest possible time.
- Enforce all prep processes and recommend/execute new processes as required to ensure productivity on the prep unit, and ensure the expected quality and quantity of daily prep is maintained.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation of meal ingredients are strictly monitored.
- Be up-to-date and conversant with meal preparation techniques, in the food industry, and as used in the Eden Food Production Facility.
- Responsible for prep, human resource planning and management; shift and station assignments, and managing employees effectively through training, workshops, 1:1, and relevant team meetings.
- Level 1 Food Safety Certificates
- At least 1 year of experience in the food industry as a Commis Chef; Demi Chef De Partie is a plus (must have prep experience) in a professional kitchen; large-scale catering is a plus!
- Basic Google Sheet & Docs proficiency skills
- High attention to detail, and timely escalation to appropriate persons (intentionality)
- Effective organizational & effective management skill
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Basic knowledge of machine/equipment usage and application
- A culinary school diploma or certificate is a major advantage!
- Effective communication: ability to communicate well in spoken and written English
- Team supervision: ability to effectively supervise, and coordinate junior food production team members, and general operations
- Team player qualities; positive, dynamic, creative & dedicated team player
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas, processes, and systems
- Customer-focused in approach
- Result oriented
Remuneration: NGN 185,000 monthly
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible access to salary earned
- Great colleagues & an amazing work culture
- Opportunities to learn & grow in your career as a Chef, knowledge & experience of large-scale food production!
- Oh, and a chance to 10x the quality of life of Nigerians!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.