We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable kitchen assistant to assist the cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. The kitchen assistant's responsibilities include assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators and freezers
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Internship & Graduate
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook's instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- High school diploma
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.