We at AA91 are looking to hire a suitable candidate that have a passion to serve others! A line cook requires good communication and culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have commercial cooking experience. A line cook should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Oversee the running of the kitchen in the absence of the Sous Chefs/Chefs.
- Make informed decisions in the absence of Sous Chefs/Chefs, when food issues arise, to ensure the best possible guest experience.
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Correctly identify, utilize, and prepare food with all products and ingredients currently in use in the kitchen, with limited supervision.
- Perform opening and closing duties of the kitchen.
- Identify and inspect all food products for quality
- Move between/cover all stations in both kitchens, following apartment standards and SOPs.
- Perform job functions with strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Execute soups and sauces with little to no supervision.
- Work well under pressure, with a sense of urgency for meeting production schedules and timelines for guest orders.
- Maintain knowledge of traditional knife skills and consistently apply such skills in the kitchen.
- Set up any workstation, with the required place, tools equipment, and supplies according to standards.
- Follow all storage procedures when handling food.
- Safely and properly use all culinary equipment in the kitchen.
- Be able to follow recipe cards and prep lists accurately.
- Create and execute daily specials for the restaurant, with final approval by the Chefs.
- Maintain safety, hygiene, and cleanliness in and around the kitchen, meeting health department and Food Handling standards.
- Attend all department meetings and company training
- The ability to learn and improve performance
- Must display a solid level of proficiency in various culinary techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Display a professional sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure work environment
- Self-motivated, good verbal and written communication skills, positivity.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Requires walking and standing to a significant degree.
- Requires the ability to move fingers and hands easily and quickly.
- Requires oral communication with kitchen staff/hotel staff.
- Requires ability to taste and smell (testing cooked food).
- Requires reaching, bending, stopping, shaking, stirring, and wiping.
- Requires lifting between 40 to 100 kilograms frequently, infrequent lifting up to 200 kilograms.
- This job is primarily indoors with protection from weather conditions but may experience varying kitchen temperatures.
Location: Arochukwu, Abia State
Note: We are committed to improving diversity in the workspace and work to ensure that our team is supportive of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from women.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.