KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure our operations are compliant with local and national laws, contractual and shareholder obligations, and best practices.
- Research regulatory developments and work with government relations to assess and evaluate the impact of changes in applicable legislation and international best practices.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Recommend the review and revision of policies to ensure agreement on changes in new laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Conduct staff training programs, design tools to re-enforce a culture of compliance
- Partner with internal units such as Legal, Internal Audit, EHS, and Risk Management, to assess and ensure the effectiveness of control systems in driving compliance.
- Lead on internal and external reporting on all aspects of compliance
- Recommend the review and revision of policies to ensure agreement with existing and new laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Lead on internal and external reporting on all aspects of compliance.
- Monitor implementation status of agreed action points aimed towards driving compliance.
- Identify, understand, and escalate compliance risk events/issues in a timely manner and focus on fixing the root causes of the issues.
- Manage the compliance tools such as compliance obligations register, compliance training calendar, compliance incident register, and compliance risk register.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a compliance function
- A degree in law is compulsory
- Working knowledge in risk management, compliance standards and regulations
- Experience in a financial, fintech or insurance industry will be an added advantage
- Candidates with sole experience in a legal firm are also encouraged to apply
- Strong attention to detail.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse team members.
- Generally structured and organized