- The GM (General Manager) will provide leadership to the company, to achieve the key objectives of the company in managing its entire sales, business development and operations team, towards the achievement of organizational strategy and goals.
- She/he will be responsible for devising, implementing and owning the strategy around customer onboarding, & customer retention, including delivering on the topline revenue objectives for new policy issuance and renewal collections and for complete policy management
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators in the areas of customer, financial, internal business process and people. She/he will plan and manage all company resources to enhance value to all company stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete P&L responsibility of the insurance business by owning all aspects of the business which includes, marketing, positioning, pricing, sales, strategic partnerships, policy features etc.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the company across assign areas.
- Assist to set up process of the company and operations.
- Ensure excellent customer experience by employing strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and manage marketing initiatives.
- Develop sales and marketing efforts for the company to achieve revenue growth, secure new clients.
- Provide guidance and direction for the insurance solutions to customers and internal productivity/quality improvement.
- Ensure compliance in environmental, health and safety, financial, systems and controls.
- Set targets and performance evaluation of same on regular basis, ensuring continual improvement.
- Motivate, direct and develop the team to achieve their goals and targets.
- Review current processes for continuous improvement and adherence to industry-standard practice.
- Work in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support to plans is in place to maintain long term customer relationships.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To generate new insurance business and also driving the overall renewals.
- The role involves taking care of complete insurance operations.
- Heading the sales and marketing team and ensuring the targets are achieved on monthly basis.
- Co-coordinating with all the stakeholders and taking care of all the insurance industry compliances and also ensuring all the regulatory approvals are in place.
- Monitor and analyse the data available and ensure the business plan strategies are made accordingly.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- An ideal candidate would be a senior registered member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN).
- Minimum of ten (10) years operation, planning and general management experience with at least five (5) years in a general manager position or senior level role
- Previous experience in a reputable insurance firm, and well versed in the overall insurance industry operations
- Proven track record of achieving monthly business targets and must have managed a large team of business development managers.
- Excellent analytical and communication skill (a good command of English both verbal and written), besides being able to actively participate and contribute in top management deliberations, as well as, should have excellent organizational and time management skill.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management
- Excellent relationship management, networking and negotiation skill.
- Support corporate business goal setting and drive implementation of corporate objectives.