The Cinema Manager is responsible for providing effective operational duty management by planning, performing, and managing operational tasks. The job holder will deliver excellent Guest service through the training, management, and motivation of all team members using company best practices and reward and recognition programmes. Also, will maintain the quality of the cinema environment ensuring it is safe, secure, clean, and well maintained.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Support the business manager in driving daily retail profitability by maximising RPH & minimising shrinkage and wastage.
- To plan, perform, and manage operational and administrative tasks within the cinema in compliance with operations standards, company policies, and procedures. This includes preparing the cinema for the day ahead, following up on scheduled maintenance, setting shift rotas, and managing the game plan within the cinema.
- To proactively manage operational costs on a day-to-day basis. Support the business manager in the effective management of controllable costs, third-party contractors, and team members.
- To carry out specific first-level supervisory, coaching, and training activities within the cinema to ensure that the both company’s and operations' best-practice standards are maintained to the highest level.
- Support with cinema marketing to ensure the cinemas meet set audience targets each week/period.
- Ensure the registration of all free passes and promotion tickets on the box office logbook.
- `Ensure the safety of employees and Guests by complying with Company Standards, Health and Safety, and Environment legislation and meeting all other statutory requirements
- Ensure checks and balances are in place to prevent loss and to ensure the security of cash, assets, guests, and employees at all times. This includes supervision and training of team members on correct procedures
- To effectively communicate daily to all team members’/team leaders all relevant promotional activities, targets, and operational priorities.
Stock & Inventory Management Role:
- Daily physical stock count and reporting
- Ensure that all items received from the supplier are as specified in the local purchase order, right quantities, and are in good condition.
- Prompt update of stock activities on VISTA (receiving or return) entry on vista.
- Establish practical stock monitoring measures to avoid overstocking, aged stock, and stock-outs.
- Ensure proper storage of all items and report any facility and retail equipment faults that could lead to item damage.
- Source for third Party alternatives in the site's locality in the case of supply failures (especially for essential items like bread bun, NBC products, etc.
- Responsible for stock Issuing at the site
- Carry out stock record-keeping on daily basis. Effectively and orderly deployment of the stock cards.
- Accountable for stock document management and communication to the Support Office Team (upload on One-drive).
- Daily update of inventory worksheets, weekly and monthly report compilation
- The right candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Minimum of 3 years in operations management at a supervisory level (retail experience preferred)
- He/ She must have the ability to keep abreast of the trend in this field of expertise and make practical application of specialized knowledge in an everyday situation
Skills & Competencies:
- Job knowledge – In-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients, and industry trends.
- Customer Relation Skills – Responds promptly to customer’s needs; meets commitments
- Negotiation & Networking Skills – Strong ability to convince clients and colleagues; help clients make a buying decision and increase patronage.
- Personal Credibility – Follows through on commitments and service promises; strictly maintains privacy and confidentiality; respects rights of all co-workers and customers and behaves in an ethical manner in everyday situations.
- Planning and Organizational Skills – Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; multi-task and use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical skills - demonstrates the ability to picture, articulate, and solve multiple problems and concepts and make decisions that are reasonable and based on available information.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Good Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint usage
Remuneration: NGN 180,000 – 200,000