The Nigerian Feminist Forum (NFF) secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work program and the day-to-day management of the forum. team spirit, empathy, and care, mutual respect, and trust are values at the core of our work with others, within the secretariat, the governance, and the wider network. We are currently seeking a Policy and Advocacy Officer to be responsible for the policy intelligence, research, and advocacy work for identified area/s of NFF work, in coordination with good knowledge of State, National, Regional, and International human rights policies. The Policy and Advocacy Officer will be reporting to the NFF Coordinator and contributing to supporting NFF in improving the outreach of its activities. The post holder will particularly focus on policy monitoring, analysis, and development and will also conduct background research related to NFF advocacy. The policy officer is a politically savvy, sociable, and passionate person, ideally acquainted with contemporary struggles of intersectional feminism, environmental, social, and racial justice, etc.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Support the Policy Coordinator in the management of NFF policy advocacy-related work, developing and implementing policy and advocacy proposals relevant to the NFF;
- Analyze and monitor relevant legislation, policies, measures, projects, and studies at the national level, relevant to the designated policy area/s, and produce policy briefings and analytical reports in consultation with the relevant groups across the country;
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies for advancing the feminist agenda in Nigeria to hold public office holders and relevant institution actors to account for political change on key issues;
- Develop impactful and timely policy documents including briefings, position papers, reports, and recommendations to relevant government agencies and institutions;
- Produce policy advocacy-related articles/op-eds/letters/reports on subject areas relevant to the NFF;
- Contribute to NFF’s campaigns, ensuring they are built with sound feminist policy analysis;
- Build relationships with key national and regional institutions and strategic stakeholders, collecting intelligence, and building alliances relevant to the different policy areas that the NFF is interested in;
- Represent NFF in key events and take up speaking engagements in order to disseminate NFF public policy positions in different settings, as required;
- Contribute to developing resources/information to advance the feminist knowledge-building agenda of the NFF;
- Liaise with NFF members, steering committee, and strategic partners to facilitate their active engagement in NFF policy and advocacy work;
- Contribute to NFF’s external communication, by writing policy-influencing articles, information, and education materials.
- Coordinate policy and advocacy meetings, training, and webinars that are relevant to NFF’s program areas;
- Other job functions that may be necessary and relevant to the position.
- Minimum academic qualification of Masters or MSc in Social Sciences, International Development, or Humanities.
- Minimum of three years experience of working in policy, advocacy, and/or research in a multi-cultural environment; previous experience in policy analysis and development is preferable;
- Passion for advancing justice, rights, and democracy; understanding of civic space and NGOs sector;
- Advanced and persuasive written and verbal communication skills;
- Comprehensive research, interpretation, and critical analysis skills to evaluate context, data, and legislation;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and broad stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills (the working language is English);
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and multicultural team;
- Willingness to read and sign on to the feminist Charter,
- Adaptability, high level of autonomy, and good organizational skills; by promoting the Charter,
- Knowledge of another language is an asset,
- Competency in research and analysis, policy writing and review,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including drafting, proofreading, and editing.
Work Type: Full Time with an initial 3 months probation period
Location: Owerri, Imo State
Deadline for application 30th January 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.