BuyPower mission is to simplify utility payments and enable energy access in Africa. BuyPower lets you pay for your electricity bills online, from the comfort of your homes and offices. The platform has simplified the process that comes with paying for utilities and has integrated tools and features to help you manage as well as conserve these utilities.
About the role
As the Head of People at BuyPower, you will play a pivotal role in shaping BuyPower and #x27;s culture, talent acquisition, and overall employee experience. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic HR initiatives that drive brand differentiation, enhance people management practices, optimize people operations, and align with our long-term business goals. This role requires a visionary leader who can build and nurture a high-performing team, drive organizational change, and position our company as an employer of choice.
What do you need to be successful?
1. Brand Differentiation:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive employer branding strategy that differentiates BuyPower in the market.
- Establish and communicate our unique employee value proposition to attract top talent.
- Collaborate with marketing and communication teams to align employer brand messaging with the overall corporate brand.
2. People Management:
- Lead, mentor, and empower the HR team to excel in their roles.
- Implement effective performance management, feedback, and coaching practices to enhance employee performance and development.
- Drive initiatives to foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Oversee talent acquisition efforts, ensuring the recruitment of top-tier talent aligned with our organizational values and goals.
3. People Operations:
- Streamline HR processes and systems to improve efficiency and employee experience.
- Develop and manage HR policies, procedures, and compliance initiatives to meet legal requirements.
- Lead the design and implementation of employee benefits and wellness programs.
- Monitor and improve HR metrics to inform data-driven decision-making.
4. Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align HR strategy with company goals and growth plans.
- Develop and execute talent acquisition and retention strategies that support business expansion.
- Identify and address organizational challenges and recommend strategic solutions.
How important are you to the bottom line?
As the Head of People, you are integral to the company and #x27;s bottom line by managing human capital effectively. Your skills can positively impact employee performance, retention, and engagement, leading to improved productivity, reduced costs, and overall business success.
What should you have done in your career?
- Not less than 5 years experience in human resource management or other HR related positions with a good mix of HR advisory and general operations experience.
- Relevant professional certification in human resources from recognized bodies (e.g., HRCI, CIPM, SHRM)
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing Human Resource management metrics.
- Strong relationship and corporate culture building skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications and other business tools
- Hands-on experience working with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Have natural leadership capabilities and will not require micromanagement or ignore/forget deadlines. Should also possess the courage and conviction to hold other leaders accountable, leading by example.
- Great analytical and presentation skills that use deductive reasoning to make cases to employees and management.
- Cross-functional knowledge of human resource best practices, strategies and processes including recruitment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations and welfare.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) â able to connect with relevant stakeholders in emails and physical meetings.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.