Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise and control various operations, working closely and supporting the food and beverage manager.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, acknowledge all guests and resolve complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Constant effective communication with managers and supervisors regarding any guest or staff issues.
- Encourage and motivate staff with a positive attitude.
- Operate POS (point of sale) and maintain the security of the system.
- Follow the correct cash up and management of bills and house accounts, incl cash and credit card transactions.
- Prepare reports for the food and beverage manager.
- Manage waiters, barman and runners by ensuring the smooth running of the floor and that duties are carried out in a professional and timeous manner.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge.
- Prepare weekly staff rosters if need be.
- Conduct service briefings.
- Ensure all front of house staff adhere to the ‘company code of conduct and ‘standard operating procedures
- Monitor staff closely to identify any transgressions throughout service so that these can be addressed immediately.
Requirements & Qualififcation:
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or Hotel School qualification will be given preference
- 3 years experience in a luxury hotel & restaurant environment
- A strong grasp of operational systems (Micros POS and Opera) and computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Food & Beverage product knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- A willingness and passion to serve
- Presentable and well-groomed
- Ability to work long hours, day and night, including weekends and holidays
- A strong ability to communicate and to read and write in English is essential. Additional languages are a plus
- A passion to learn, teach and drive improvement in employees