- Overall responsibilities for the technical, operational, and bottom-line performance of the farm, including recommending improvements.
- Monitoring the entire production activities, making sure that the actual production process is in accordance with production goals set, and identifying and correcting the field production issue if the production is not in accordance with production goals
- Preparing plans and schedules for livestock, planting, and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Responsibility for farm budgets, auditing of operations, and leading a large team of attendants and supervisors.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked and optimally dispensed
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like chicken, eggs, fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain..
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members as well as performance management of all personnel.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science..
- Monitoring the production and yield quality of crops and livestock, maintaining animal health and welfare as per the guidelines from regulatory authorities, and keeping up-to-date knowledge on plants and animal pests and diseases, and taking appropriate measures for curbing and curing the same
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations, monitoring the health and safety measures undertaken by the farm estate, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration are recommended.
- Extensive cognate experience in a farming-related field of not less than 10years.
- Working knowledge in food production, organizational skills, time management skills, supervisory skills, marketing skills, negotiation skills, and larger-scale business awareness.
- A passion for Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Ability to use basic computer and accounting programs.