Pop of Culture is a community that supports and celebrates entrepreneurs and creatives through popup events, music artist showcases, workshops and more! And we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Event Manager to help take our events to the next level. We are looking for an Event Manager to join our team and help us take our Lagos events and impact to the next level in 2024 and beyond. The ideal candidate is well experienced when it comes to curating and executing lifestyle, entertainment, networking, and educational events and cares about building community around young entrepreneurs and creatives. The tentative start date for this role is December 4th and you’d undergo training and fundamental ground work until the 18th. You’d then resume work officially in 2024 by January 3rd.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Develop and execute event strategies, execution plans, concepts, and timelines
- Fully understand the needs and wants of our community and intended audience
- Manage event budgets and create financial reports
- Hire and manage other event staff
- Source for, negotiate with, and secure vendors and venues
- Create vendor agreements
- Handle logistics
- Create and manage digital organizational systems for all event information and data
- Work with marketing team to create campaigns and ads that help achieve objectives and goals
- Operate all events on the day of
- Develop and execute event feedback strategies
- Prepare reports, documents, and presentations to share with senior management
- Any other related tasks
- At least 4 years of Event Planning & Management experience (you must be able to share your portfolio of work with exact dates and event references)
- At least 4 years of project management experience and cross-functional collaboration
- At least 2 years of event marketing experience
- At least 2 years of team management experience
- Highly proficient at using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- The ideal candidate must know how to work as an admin (i.e. creating docs, updating excel sheets, creating feedback forms, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Reliable internet connection, laptop and smart phone. Must be computer savvy.
- A fast learner
- A knack for creative problem-solving
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly resourceful and Creative.
Location: Reside in Lagos (This is a MUST)
Remuneration: NGN 250,000/month + 5% of profits from all successful events.
Compensations & Benefits: Working with Pop of Culture is a rewarding, challenging, and fun experience, as you'll work closely with entrepreneurs and creatives and meet a lot of amazing individuals from various communities.
The benefits include:
- Remote work opportunities (you do in-person work only when executing events or taking important meetings that cannot be done virtually)
- Paid Nigerian Holidays + 30 PTO days (annually)
- Free POC Merch
- Free accommodation and travel (when necessary)
- Food and drink stipends/provisions on the days of events
Note: We DO NOT offer any health insurance or work equipment
- Please DO NOT email your resume to the company email or you won’t be considered. Thank you and we look forward to seeing your application come through!
ABOUT POP OF CULTURE
Pop of Culture is a community that supports and celebrates Black entrepreneurs and creatives through multi-city events, networking, and marketing. We organize popups, music artist showcases, workshops, networking events, and more! We operate in several cities, including Lagos, Nigeria.
Our vision is to uplift and strengthen small brands, provide unique and memorable experiences, and create a global community of Black entrepreneurs and creatives that fosters collaboration, growth, and prosperity.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.