- Provide strategic management of all development projects throughout the development lifecycle. This will include providing managing the predevelopment activities, project financing tasks of development project and meeting project objectives; Manage the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring quality assurance, strict adherence to corporate specifications and attention to cost management; Manage the bidding, negotiation, and construction contract process and draft letters of intent (LOI). Manage construction bidding/pricing process for inclusion in the final project budget required for all closings;
- Oversee the due diligence process to ensure that all development risks are identified and quantified; Ensure that construction projects are in line with current health & safety laws and internal company requirements.
- Develop and foster effective relationships to deliver the development project (e.g., consultants, architects, construction managers, government liaisons, etc.). Manage the approval and permit phase of the development processes and ensure approvals are in line with company requirements. Maintain positive relationships with planning commissions to ensure the same.
- Provide leadership and collaboration. Lead core team by providing exemplary leadership and level-headedness and providing direction to multiple non-team members in creating the synergy required for evaluating and executing business objectives. Fostering collaboration among other group department managers to maintain the diversity needed to achieve the Group’s business and operational goals. Taking an active interest in the development of team members and general competence of employees of the Group.
- Effective communication and organization. Provide regular reporting at management and board levels. Organize pitch (multiple media) development to communicate ideas and opportunities within and outside the organization.
- Be versatile. Ability to handle multiple challenges across roles, departments, and ideas. Support development efforts by working closely with other departments to determine more effective processes and tools and are carried out in line with Company Values
- Advanced degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Construction, or related field.
- Requisite experience with a first degree will also be considered.
- Experience both in Africa and outside Africa either through education or employment history will be an added advantage.
- Minimum three years post-graduation experience in a formal organization
- Experience working in a client-side real estate development environment.
- Good understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and project management.
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to foresee issues, develop constructive solutions, and provide decisive recommendations.
- Knowledge of local and state level laws and regulations regarding real estate development.
- Ability to present to large groups of people.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to motivate and direct people effectively through positive leadership.
- Ability to interact with diverse individuals and develop solutions to problems.
Proposed Remuneration: ₦6,000,000.00 - ₦9,600,000.00 (Annual Gross)