MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets. They attract people with conviction who are willing to bring new ideas and perspectives to a problem that affects everyone on the planet. and nbsp;Their mission is to make mobility safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technology and operators.
About the role
As the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for shaping their organizationÃ¢â¬â¢s progressive talent strategy in alignment with the vision, objectives and values of MAX, and in support of its overall strategic direction.
What do you need to be successful?
People Transformation, Change Management and Leadership
- Serve as internal consultant and strategic advisor to the Executive Leadership team on people and culture development
- Support and guide executive decision-making, when it comes to transformational decisions around MAX people as well as a change management process
- Plan, implement and manage strategic plans, roadmaps, and mission critical projects with respect to MAX people culture and amp; processes and initiatives
- Ensure all HR pillars are effectively supporting the business at minimum obtainable best practice standards
- Create practical processes for mid management in implementing employee engagement initiatives at the organizational, team, and individual employee levels
- Manage the optimal utilization of IT systems in place in people management and proactively seek IoT solutions in identified gaps from processes or technologies itself
- Research, develop and implement people experience initiatives across the organization
- Manage communication when it comes to organizational vision, objectives, change and growth
- Monitor and ensure there is effective collaboration between country team and HQ
- Ensure alignment of processes of other locations team to the HQ corporate vision and nbsp;
- Align departmental processes, KPIs and OKRs with corporate strategy
- Measure and track key performance metrics
- Oversee implementation of initiatives and process automation
- Oversee implementation of surveys, opinion polls, data collection, and questionnaires to gain deep insight into employee NPS
- Align our people strategy to be an employer of choice within our industry (employee NPs) by assessing comparators and competitors talent trends
- Build a strong team and delegate effectively
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results
Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Benefits
- Build a robust recruitment strategy that is aligned with our People and Organizational Philosophy
- Provides strategic direction and oversight on compensation and benefits, ensuring regulatory compliance, equity, and competitive salary levels necessary to attract and retain qualified staff
- Identify threats and opportunities in terms of talent management and quality candidate pipeline
- Modernize and make transparent our compensation philosophy and structure. Design a comprehensive strategy to integrate practices that focus on total wellness programming. This includes the processes for managing, analyzing, and determining the salary, incentives, and benefits each employee receives
Talent Development and Succession Planning
- Identify critical roles and develop succession plans against sudden gaps and business disruption, developing N-1Ã¢â¬â¢s. Work with HODs and Executive Leadership team to establish a sound plan of succession that corresponds to the mission, strategy, and goals of MAX
- Direct the development of training and organizational development programs that address personal, professional, and organizational needs of employees and departments, supporting equitable opportunities for continuous learning
- Better utilize data to build scale leadership, talent development plans, and formulate cross-organizational processes to facilitate aligned succession plans
Organizational Development and nbsp;
- Provide coaching/advising of senior leaders on team development and key organizational and management issues. Develop a unified approach and corresponding tools for executive and senior leaders to evaluate, design and align their structures to build high-performing teams.
- Design and align HR strategy, including a talent management strategy, to support the overall mission and strategic framework of MAX. Evaluate and Ã¢â¬â¹redesign the processes, tools, and activities to manage, maintain, and/or improve the performance of employeesÃ¢â¬â¹.
How important are you to the bottom line?
As the Chief People Officer, you play a pivotal role in shaping our clients company success by optimizing its human capital, fostering a positive culture, and aligning HR strategies with business goals. Their contributions impact talent acquisition, retention, organizational culture, and overall company performance.
What should you have done in your career?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing the functions of people transformation with respect to talent strategy, management, and organizational development in a complex management and leadership role with direct people oversight and accountability for key performance indicators. and nbsp; and nbsp;
- Passionate commitment to supporting MAXÃ¢â¬â¢s mission and objectives
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, personally and in previous people transformation positions
- Success leading internal change management processes
- The ability to quickly understand and articulate MAXÃ¢â¬â¢s mission and work to many audiences
- A track record of impactful leadership, creative problem-solving, and organizational capacity building
- Experience working in or with tech startups or tech enabled companies.
- A strong background in technology and in a high growth business (eg a scale-up); you thrive in dynamic working environments.
- International experience with multinational teams and office locations.
- Experience recruiting for C-Suite, technical and non-technical roles in African and global markets.
- Proven expertise in all things people operations: talent, performance, compensation and benefits, employee engagement and retention, org design, career development etc
- Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- High level of autonomy and accountability
- Quality Management
- Change Management
- Visionary Leadership
- People Management
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Support
What do you gain?
- Competitive pay and amp; benefits
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Frequent performance chats and amp; reviews and professional development opportunities
- High performing and amp; passionate team members + fun work culture!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.