The advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to local companies within value chains with the aim to develop a pipeline of investable businesses cases in the assigned countries with the support and supervision of the Regional Business Expert.
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Provide support in scoping and structuring new business cases in the assigned countries:
- Contributes to the identification and preparation of investment proposals, undertaking analysis and discussions with internal staff & clients as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance of business cases with the fund’s assessment framework
- Supporting planning and execution of due diligence visits
- Participates in client visits when requested
- Analyses financial data including ratios, projections, budgets, etc.
- Supports legal contracting process together with the DFCD Project Finance Officer.
Monitoring a portfolio of contracted grants in the assigned countries.
- Prepares (credit)reviews incl. market and financial analysis
- Provides inputs to the regional Business Investment Officer by responding to requests for information/support
- Undertakes administrative tasks to ensure file completion (compliance and reporting)
- Participates in client monitoring visits when needed
Providing analysis and support:
- Provide support on repeat transactions for existing clients
- Assists team members in other aspects of the portfolio management process
- MSc in (agri)economics, finance, business administration or engineering
- Minimum of 4 years working experience as investment inclusive business expert
- Working experience in an international environment and/or in emerging markets is a plus.
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills, including financial modelling skills
- Strong administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships
- Displays a strong service and client orientation
- Strong team player
- Good networking skills
- Pro-active work attitude and 'can do', solution-oriented attitude
- Strong skills in planning, administration, organizing and prioritizing
- Risk aware and able to escalate issues when necessary
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Affinity with SNV’s mission.
- Proven experience in providing business development and marketing support to companies
- Proven experience in developing bankable business plans for starting and existing companies
- Proven experience in the Agri Food sector (highly preferable)
- This is a full-time national position based in Abuja, with regular travel to Ghana and possibly other countries in West Africa.
- The successful candidate will be hired for a contract of 2 years, with the possibility of renewal.
- The salary is competitive and proportional to qualifications and experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
- 13th Month Bonus
- Medicare (Self and Family)
- Employer Pension
- Group Life Insurance
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.