BUSINESS MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Our company is looking for a skilled Business manager to lead and supervise the work of our employees.
- The ideal candidate will be in charge of designing and implementing business strategies and managing all day-to-day operations to guarantee company efficiency.
- Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as good teamwork is important for our business success.
- Suitable candidate should also be an excellent written and verbal communicator and possess the ability to identify opportunities for sustainable business growth.
- He/she must possess a broad knowledge of finance, operations, sales, marketing and human resource management and should be able to coordinate processes across the organization.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
- Propose new business ideas to encourage business growth.
- Manage new projects with regards to expansion plans.
- Encourage new business partnerships and collaborations that assures longevity of the organization.
- Encourage cost cutting techniques to reduce company overheads.
- Manage entire team to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Design and implement business growth and continuity strategies.
- Ensure the company has sufficient resources to achieve its objectives.
- Assess overall company performance.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with all domains.
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Set KPIs and measure results monthly to determine areas of improvement.
- Develop incentives and provide staff training opportunities.
- Recruit, train, discipline and appraise job results.
- Communicate values, strategies and assign accountabilities.
- Update staff work schedules, annual leave, out of office and sick leave schedules.
- Ensure all staff adhere to FBA Employee handbook and contract.
- Draft contracts for employments and termination.
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborate with clients to foster good business relationship.
- Build rapport with prospective customers to anticipate their office needs.
- Ensure clients complaints and feedback are handled professionally.
- SALES AND MARKETING MANAGEMENT:
- Approve sales strategies to ensure business profitability.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to improve brand awareness and patronage.
- Approve all marketing Plans, materials, budget, and targets.
- Encourage business partnerships for growth.
- Help to determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Approve negotiations for all contracts with prospective clients.
· COMMUNICATION WITH DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS:
- Engage in weekly reporting to the CEO.
- Identify and discuss potential market trends and threats.
- Prepare End of year business performance report.
- Organise and coordinate annual general meetings to report overall business performance and Business plan for the new business year.
- COMPANY POLICY:
- Work closely with company legal representative to ensure ethical business practices are continued.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Work closely with Tax consultants to ensure the business adheres to all government policies regarding Tax remittance, Company audits and business regulations.
- Maintain business policies and processes.
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT:
- Ensure proper management of all day-to-day activities.
- Work closely with the operations team to achieve client satisfaction and adherence to client’s contracts.
- Ensure all communication on behalf of the company are professional.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Developing comprehensive company budgets and perform periodic budget analyses to measure results.
- Allocating financial resources
- Set year to date financial targets and allocate targets to various business components.
- Interpret and analyse financial data for the purpose of decision making.
- Approve all end of month requisitions and present requisitions to the CEO.
- Perform all other duties as required.
· Excellent communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or other related fields.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
· Outstanding leadership abilities.
· Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
· Demonstrable analytical thinking and business insight.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Top negotiating skills.
· Ability to work under intense pressure.
· Ability to work under no supervision.
· Must be creative.
· Must have self-confidence.
· Must have passion and commitment for the job.
· Must understand that this is a highly confidential role.
· Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.