- BSc/BA in Marketing or any other discipline.
- Business Development Officer
- Managing Director
- Genyz Transport Solutions
- Must be within the age range of 27-35.
- 75,000 per month plus commission
- Be responsible for the sourcing of new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients/customers.
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
- Designing and developing marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters, media articles, presentations, website, and social media so as to improve the company’s brand recognition and image. Accomplishing company goals by exploring opportunities to add value and taking charge of new request and clients. (With the job title you can rarely get someone with this as additional knowledge or skill set).
- To renew job knowledge by reading, exposure to industry trends and maintaining personal networks.
- Create proposals including business cases to demonstrate value to new and existing clients/customers so as to lead to improved utilization company’s products and services.
- Develop business cases that can demonstrate value of company’s proposition to new and existing clients
- Increasing client base by developing growth strategies and plans while executing approved versions in the furtherance of the company’s objectives.
- Researching and targeting new business contacts, following up with them and closing the deals.
- Preparing business proposals, presentations and negotiating with stakeholders.
- Liaise with new and existing clients via emails, phone calls and face to face meetings.
- Cross-sell and up-sell the company’s services.
- Work with the internal team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue for the company. Understand existing service boundaries and market spaces and actively seek to expand these.
- Achieve allocated sales revenue targets.
- Conduct regular market intelligence activities to understand industry trends and competitor services with aim of improving service quality and expanding company’s range of services.
- Meet specified targets for bringing in new clients monthly.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Ensure all reports weekly reports, daily calls memos, weekly call plans, monthly reports, quarterly reports, etc. are prepared accurately and submitted as at when due.
- Minimum of B.sc (2nd class lower) or HND (Upper credit) in marketing, social sciences or any management related course.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent selling and customer relationship skills
- Good communication/presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Proven sales track record.
- Proficiency in English, MS Office, CRM software, and other marketing trends
- Industry experience in Banking, technology or both is required
- Focus and commitment to marketing projects.
- Radical and new approach to solving problems
- Having attention to details
- Willingness and ability to continually enhance company's performance
- Passion to develop and drive a high-performing team whilst contributing to their continued success.
- Previous exposure to and experience in Business Development.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Experience in technology marketing/sales.
- Leadership Skill: Must be able to lead by example, carry others along and direct the work of team members.
- People Skill: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set example to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
- Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the company and the team.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources;
- Judgement: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; includes appropriate people in the decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity; works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight