With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally. At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong. Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together. The Global Network Partnerships organization partners with banks and financial institutions to drive merchant acceptance and issue cards on the American Express network. Reporting to the Business Development Director – West Africa, this role will support the ongoing management of existing partners and the launch of new partners in Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Ensuring ‘best-in-class’ relationship management of the partnerships including managing multiple relationships with the partner businesses acting as the key point of contact
- Accountability for delivering across all key business metrics including Cards & merchants acquired, and both card and merchant spend.
- Identifying new opportunities for growth and working closely with the BDL in signing and launching new partnerships where required
- Working with the partners to develop an issuing and/or merchant growth plan including strategic marketing activities
- Keeping up-to-date with the changing regulatory environment in Nigeria and briefing AXP stakeholders on the potential impacts to the AXP business
- Working with AXP stakeholder groups (Operations, GCO, Compliance etc.) to ensure smooth implementations for new partners on the network and ongoing operational efficiency.
- Carry out activities as required to support the smooth running of the American Express Nigeria Limited and the local office
- Closely work with the Nigerian partners planning all marketing activities. Develop and manage activity plans alongside consistent reviews and optimization of activities. This will necessitate the review of the success or otherwise of their marketing activities and communication of the results to the team.
- Work with partners to develop robust plans and successfully drive growth in locations warmly accepting American Express Cards, and ensure visibility of acceptance / perception of coverage for both local and inbound Cardmembers.
- Develop robust plans and successfully drive diverse distribution channels including, amongst others, Digital, Direct Sales, Telemarketing, Branch Sales, Private Banking sales. Ongoing review of channel performance to ensure optimization of plan and campaigns. Ensure Card and merchant acquisition targets are met.
- Work with the Bank Partner on development and delivery of marketing activities from segmentation, research, brand development, advertising, PR, new product development, channel expansion, distribution, loyalty, activation, rewards and network / merchant marketing.
- Effectively manage A&P budgets to drive AXP brand strategy in Nigeria to ensure brand awareness and loyalty.
- First class relationship skills gained through interacting at all levels both internally and in partner organizations
- Highly analytical and numerical, ability to clearly communicate complex issues
- Proven ability to create winning strategies
- Excellent core project management skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end
- Broad Nigerian financial services industry knowledge gained through experience in card marketing (acquisition and portfolio management) supported by a clear understanding of card acquiring businesses.
- Practical executional experience with different elements of the consumer marketing discipline: inclusive of online/digital, customer acquisition, product innovation, rewards or loyalty platforms, engagement, marketing project management
- Strong influencing and communication skills to promote ideas, products and services internally and to the partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, financial acumen and ability to drive and deliver results, resilient attitude in challenging business environments.
- Ability to operate independently with a high degree of self-direction. Maintain the very highest degree of integrity in all business dealings with colleagues and external parties.
- Travel – Approximately 15%.
Work Type: Onsite
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.