The Logistics Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning new business by penetrating new clients & additional locations (accounts) and reactivating former/ dormant clients & accounts. This role will be expected to set demanding personal goals, work as hard as necessary to get things done, take challenges head-on, and remain resilient in the face of difficulties. The ideal candidate enjoys selling, negotiating, and changing others' points of view while remaining calm under pressure. This role will also be expected to establish and maintain relationships with prospects and customers and build rapport by tracking opportunities and contacts and following up with them.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Refine ideal client profile: demographics, psychographics & trigger events.
- Identify & pursue the TOP 20 Target List.
- Refine buyer persona(s) within the ideal client profile.
- Identify & pursue key stakeholders at the TOP 20 Target List.
- Cold outreach: phone, email & LinkedIn.
- Attend targeted networking events.
- Conduct introductory calls with new prospects.
- Conduct qualification/ discovery calls with prospects.
- Identify the current state, desired future state, pains & desired gains of prospects.
- Partner with Account Manager & Carrier Sales to build ideal solutions & pricing for the prospect.
- Present the proposal in person (or via video conference) to key stakeholders.
- Overcome objections and secure the win.
- Partner with Leadership, Account Manager & Carrier Sales to identify new opportunities to upsell, cross-sell product & service offerings.
- Maintain regular contact with the customer including escalations.
- Send monthly “Scorecard” report & recap to key stakeholders.
- Conduct Quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders.
- Minimum academic qualification of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration or any related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of industry-related experience (Freight Forwarding / General Brokerage) with 3 years in outside sales with a prior track record of meeting / exceeding performance goals & expectations.
- Willing to travel to regional/national client locations 50% (depending on market).
- Experience using CRM, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Office.
- Availability to respond to client escalations after traditional work hours.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.