AI SERVICES LTD
Admin & Office
The Youth-Powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health Activity (referred to as YPE4AH) is a five-year (2020 – 2025) USAID-funded project implemented by YEDI and its partners. The primary goal of the project is to improve the health and well-being of urban, underprivileged adolescents aged 15–19 by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use from a holistic, human capital perspective. The youth-powered ecosystem centres on Youth Hubs, safe spaces for youth to seek and access FP and reproductive health (RH) information and referrals. YPE4AH will adapt and scale up evidence-based, high-impact SKILLZ curricula, which combine sports and fun-based activities and group sessions led by Youth Coaches/mentors to spur healthy behaviour change and shift attitudes for more equitable gender-sensitive norms. YEDI seeks to engage a State Coordinator to oversee the implementation of the program in the state.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:4 years
- The State Coordinator will support the Program Manager (PM) in the implementation of the YPE4AH Project focusing on urban adolescent health and family planning.
- The Project, implemented by a consortium of international and local partners, will foster a youth-powered ecosystem to advance urban adolescent health and well-being.
- The ecosystem centres around Youth Hubs, which are safe spaces to access sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information and referrals.
- The successful candidate will support the development of work plans, budgets, staff supervision, management, and operations in the project locations.
- The successful candidate will work closely with and report directly to the PM, and also be accountable to YEDI’s Executive Director (ED) and Director of Programs (PD).
- The State Coordinator will directly oversee the program implementation activities, outputs, and outcomes in the state, including timely reporting, of all activities conducted, supporting budget development and expenditure monitoring, routine program performance monitoring and evaluation, and working as led by other team members.
Program Management (50%)
- Manage state project team and site staff to implement the full package of program services for the beneficiary youth population.
- Head team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project implementation at the state level. including timely reporting of all activities conducted, budget development and expenditure monitoring, execution of project plans, and routine project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist with the development of work plans and program implementation. including overseeing training and capacity building, community-based sensitization and engagement, testing and counselling, appropriate linkage and referral to health facilities, and support for retention in SRHR/FP/HIV services, according to work plans, targets, national policy, guidelines, and program SOPs.
- Support PM in identifying project staff capacity development needs through periodic performance evaluations.
- Work with project implementing partners’ operations department to identify training venues and support logistics. and coordinate required supply chains for project sites.
- Plan and coordinate periodic staff meetings in the project state.
- Represent Project and YEDI at relevant state forums as assigned by the STD.
- Act as principal liaison among hub service providers, project hub staff, and YEDI head office.
- Manage all project assets and expendables across the youth hub facilities.
- Coordinate hub and community-level outreach sensitization events including the coordination of adolescents for special events and commemoration of international day celebrations.
- Coordinate hub coordinator and youth
coach supervision across all intervention LGAs within the month
Stakeholder Management (40%)
- Engage stakeholders at the state and community levels to build and maintain goodwill towards the project and an accurate understanding of project goals to ensure community ownership.
- Work closely and manage relations with other Consortium Partners
- Work closely with other consortia technical teams in implementing project activities including supportive supervision and development of reports and other narratives as required.
- Guide ‘project team members to conduct themselves ethically and professionally, respect participants and community values, and uphold YEDI's values and policies.
Financial Management/Governance (5%)
- Managing monthly state actual expenditures against budgets, identifying variances, and ensuring that the necessary follow-up action is taken up with the PM and central project office.
- Lead the development or work plan and budget for the community-level implementation of hub and outreach interventions in Kano State
- Assist in preparing financial program documents and reports for management and donor.
- Ensure and enforce program teams’ compliance with all financial policies and procedures (including procurement) in the State.
Monitoring and Evaluation (5%)
- Work with the M&T team to ensure that the project's indicators are effectively developed and captured.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor's degree in any related field
- A Master's degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of community development initiatives, particularly in managing family planning projects.
- Experience with diverse donors, including USAID will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated success in developing and evaluating program models and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Experience relevant to the accomplishment of the cross-cutting objectives including gender, youth, and marginalized populations.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build and consolidate relationships.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, coordination, and consensus-building skills are a must.
- Demonstrated results in managing complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the YEDI mission
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.