Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates direct and lead the team in the region to achieve business and operational objectives
- Oversees the business in the region to position it for profitability and competitive advantage.
- Ensures that the company has the adequate and suitable resources (people, material, machine) to achieve business objectives
- Ensures compliance with standard operations procedures in terms of shipment contracting, release, packaging, route mapping, and other policies and processes in assigned region.
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth and expansion in current and prospective markets.
- Responsible for communicating business strategy and providing leadership in the execution of business and operational objectives.
- Monitor operations cost and ensure they are kept at acceptable levels.
- Takes ownership of the revenue projections for the region and manage the overall P&L of the company’s business in the region
- Design and implement strategies to engender increased productivity and growth in the region.
- Supervise fleet to ensure high delivery performance, fleet profitability and compliance.
- Identifies knowledge gaps in assigned region and works with the Human Resource and People Development teams to ensure gaps are closed.
- Oversees fleet operations and optimization, and asset management within the region.
- Oversee the disciplinary and grievance procedure within the region
- Represent the company in government relations, and manages relationships with government authorities and agencies within the region.
- Work with the Service Quality Assurance team to improve customer experience
- Weekly analysis of revenue and operations performance in assigned region
- Gathering and analyzing useful data on consumer preference, customer demography and other relevant data that may aid in opening new centres, hubs, and product development.
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensures service quality conforms with set standards
- Reports to the Director of Operations on business performance in the region on a weekly basis
- Revenue optimization in alignment with business targets
- Acts as the Chief Compliance Officer in the region
- Oversee the expansion drive of GIG Logistics in the region
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
Qualifications and Skills
You’ll be ideal for the role if you have the following-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business and people management, preferably in a logistics, or retail environment.
- Excellent commercial, business intelligence and management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and achieve results
- Good knowledge of the South-West business terrain
- Possess the ability to be detailed orientated in a very fast-paced work environment.
Remuneration: ₦400,000 monthly